· 1tbsp canola oil
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
· 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· Coarse salt and ground pepper
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
· ¼ cup ketchup
· 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
· Burger buns, toasted
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium to high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic; season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are softened for about five to seven minutes.
Add ground beef to skillet. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink for about six to eight minutes. Stir tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce into beef mixture in skillet; simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally for about six to eight minutes.
Season the mixture with more salt and pepper, as desired. Spoon onto buns, and serve immediately.