· Coarse salt and ground pepper
· ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
· ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 large egg
· 1 pound ground beef
· ¼ cup plain dried breadcrumbs
· 1tbsp olive oil
· 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
· ¾ pound spaghetti
Set a large pot of salted water to boil. In a bowl, combine Parmesan, parsley, garlic, egg, one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon pepper. Add beef and breadcrumbs and mix gently. Form into balls.
In a heavy pot, heat oil over medium flame. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally until browned, eight to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally until meatballs are cooked through (10 to 12 minutes).
Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and return to pot; add meatballs and sauce and toss gently. Serve with Parmesan.