This quiz not just helps you test your knowledge of flowers, but also help you learn more about them
1. Which flower is most popularly purchased?
2. Which flower has the smallest seeds?
d. Sweet Pea
3. Which flower symbolically means "beauty"?
a. Calla Lily
4. What colour rose would you send someone if your want to say, "I am innocent and pure"?
5. The disc of this flower is made up of hundreds of tiny flowers…
6. What part of the flower is the corolla?
7. The process of sexual reproduction in flowers is called anthesis…..
8. In the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, which flower is worn to commemorate soldiers who have died in war?
a. Red rose
c. Red Poppy
9. Where are more than 60 per cent of the United States' cut flowers grown?
10. If a bride chooses pink roses for her wedding bouquet, what message is she conveying?
a. Innocence and purity
b. Grace and joy
11. Let's say you send a bouquet of Bells of Ireland to a friend. What message are you sending?
a. Be my support
b. Think of me
d. Good luck
12. What flower bulb can be used in place of onions in cooking?
13. Who said, "Where flowers bloom so does hope"?
a. Ralph Waldo Emerson
c. Lady Bird Johnson
d. Mother Teresa
14. Carnation flowers are the national symbol of what country?
15. What is the state flower of New York?
b. Orange Blossom
16. The national flower of Mauritius is....
a. Water Lily
17. Which is the biggest flower of the world?
18. The scientific study of plant life is known as what?
19. What is the meaning of Alstroemeria?
20. Which flowers are the most popular spring flowers of all time?
21. What does RHS stand for?
a. Romanian Horticultural Society
b. Royal Horticultural School
c. Romanian Horticultural School
d. Royal Horticultural Society
22. What is the genus name of sunflower?
23. Female parts of a flower are called...
23. What is the national flower of Nepal?
24. Which of the following flowers do not bloom through out the year i.e. they are season-specific?
25. Which country leads in the exports of cut flowers?
26. Which flowers did Anna Jarvis distribute to the mothers on the first celebration of Mother's Day?
27. Which flowers are gifted to friends on Friendship Day?
a. White Roses
b. Red Roses
c. Pink Roses
d. Yellow Roses
28. What is the state flower of Delaware?
a. Apple Blossom
b. Peach Blossom
c. Saguaro Cactus Blossom
d. Orange Blossom
29. Which of the following flowers is confined only to the polar region?
a. Blue Rose
b. Yellow Iris
c. Purple Heather
d. Red Tulip
1. a. Rose
2. c. Orchid
3. a. Calla Lily
4. b. White
5. c. Daisy
6. c. Petals
7. b. False
8. c. Red Poppy
9. d. California
10. b. Grace and joy
11. d. Good luck
12. b. Tulip
13. c. Lady Bird Johnson
14. b. Slovenia
15. d. Rose
16. c. Trochetia
17. c. Rafflasia
18. a. Botany
19. c. Friendship
20. b. Tulips
21. d. Royal Horticultural Society
22. b. Helianthus
23. a. Carpals
23. d. Rhodendron
24. b. Delphiniums
25. b. Netherlands
26. c. Carnations
27. d. Yellow Roses
28. b. Peach Blossom
29. c. Purple Heather