Have the summers taken a toll on your complexion? Just got back from a beach holiday and it shows on your skin? Don't fret! Our South Asian skin is prone to tanning pretty much throughout the year. Even after applying sunscreen and using an umbrella to protect yourself from harmful UV rays, you cannot escape tanning if you go out during sunny hours. Here’s how you can get rid of that tan naturally
1. Lemon juice: To keep your knees, elbows and other patchy areas smooth and clean, apply fresh lemon juice to them. Keep it on for at least 15 minutes then wash off. You can use this method to get rid of dark skin anywhere on your body. Lemon juice is really effective in lightening acne marks, as well.
2. Honey and citrus pack: Mix two tablespoons of honey with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on the affected area once or twice during the day. Apply the mixture for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
3. Milk and honey: Prepare a paste, adding equal quantity of milk powder, lemon juice, almond oil and honey. Apply it on affected areas and keep it on for at least 20 minutes. This mix can be prepared and stored for a week; keep it stored in a clean bottle at room temperature. If you have time, use it thrice a day for better results.
4. Sugar: This ingredient is considered as the best cleansing agent. Apply a mixture of sugar and lemon juice on your face and wash it after 20 minutes. If you have dry skin, add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture, as well.
5. Turmeric pack: You can also prepare a paste made of a pinch of turmeric, lemon juice and raw milk. Apply the mixture properly and wait till it dries before washing it off with cold water.
6. Cucumber juice and rose water: Apply a mixture of rose water, cucumber juice and a dash of lemon juice once a day. Lemon juice helps reduce the tan while rose water and cucumber work as cooling agents.
7. Coconut water: Here’s something interesting – fresh coconut water makes the skin soft and fair. Using it twice a day on hands and face can prove beneficial.
8. Oats and buttermilk: Buttermilk soothes and softens the skin. Make a pack by mixing a tablespoon of it with buttermilk and apply it on your face, and body to get rid of tan. Oats also help in exfoliating the skin, so this mixture is extremely beneficial for scrubbing.
A good highlighter is a foolproof way to give your complexion.....Read Detail
Have the summers taken a toll on your complexion? Just got back....Read Detail