Sunshine may be wonderful, but hot summer months can be cruel to our skin. The heat from the sun is not only harmful but it also causes the skin to develop fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. So what are our celebrities doing to keep their skin healthy and fresh in summer and what are their plans? MAG caught up with some gorgeous faces of our country and asked them four simple questions. Excerpts:
1. Which is your ideal summer getaway and why?
2. How do you protect yourself from the sun?
3. How do you like to dress in the summer?
4. One tip for the summer.
Konain Khan (Model)
1. The ideal summer getaway for me would be the northern areas of Pakistan or exotic beaches abroad.
2. I simply use sunblock to protect my skin from harmful sunrays.
3. As far as fabrics are concerned, I prefer linen or light cotton. I usually opt for attires in lighter shades.
4. Drink plenty of water and consume lots of fruits such as watermelon.
Nadya Mistry (Fashion Designer)
1. I'd like to go somewhere temperate, it can be any place with a cool climate.
2. I don't do anything special, which is totally wrong I know. I wear dark glasses though.
3. I wear the minimum amount of clothes possible. I make sure that whatever I wear is lightweight and breathable.
4. Stay inside in the AC!
Amna Ilyas (Model)
1. I'd like to get away anywhere I can chill, preferably Europe.
2. I use sunblock to protect myself from the sun and drink a lot of water throughout the day so that I don't get dehydrated. I also try to have fresh fruits as much as I can.
3. In summer, I mostly go for trousers, light t-shirts, tank tops and instead of shoes I opt for kohla puris and strappy slippers.
4. Try and avoid getting out in the sun. Go after three if you really have to, take water with you wherever you go and always use sunblock to protect yourself.
Zeba Ali (Model)
1. I love the beach so an ideal summer getaway for me would be to a quiet island like Bali.
2. I use sunblock and I try to wear clothes that cover my body.
3. I prefer to wear trousers with long cotton and lawn kameezes or track suits.
4. Drink lassi to keep yourself hydrated and use summery floral fragrances to keep you feeling fresh for longer.
Kiran Khan (TV Host)
1. I'd like to go to Malaysia or London this summer, because Malaysia is a very good shopping destination whereas there is great sightseeing in London.
2. I protect myself from the glare of the sun with the help of sunglasses and sunblock.
3. I like to wear pure materials like cottons and lawns. I absolutely avoid wearing materials like silks and georgettes in summer.
4. Keep rosewater spray in your bag and be patient for the winters.
Ayesha Omar (Actress)
1. I don't get a chance to go on holidays due to my tough work schedule, but if I could then it would have to be any place cooler than Karachi, that's for sure. I think I would really like to go up north.
2. I use sunblock whenever I am out in the sun. Similarly, whenever we have outdoor shoots I try to sit in the shade during breaks. Moreover, I try to keep myself well protected in any way I can.
3. Well I like to wear nice summery materials like lawns and cottons and outfits like kurtas and cotton pants. I usually opt for loosely fitted outfits so that my skin can breathe through them.
4. Try to have lots of juicy fruits like melons and watermelons and drink lots of water in order to beat the heat.
Mehwish Hayat (Actress)
2. I use sunblock before going out in the sun. Moreover, the makeup I use also has sunblock in it.
3. I prefer to wear cottons and lawns during summer.
4. Drink lots of water, try to have fresh juices as often as you can, and use a good moisturiser.
Nadia Hussain (Model)
1. I think I would love to go to a beach resort, simply because in the summer it's good to chill out on a beach or by the pool side to relax.
2. I use plenty of sunblock or if it's really hot outside then I try to wear a hat as well.
3. I avoid wearing elaborate outfits that has too many layers. I prefer to wear breathable materials instead like lawns and cottons.
4. Well, in our country a great variety of fruits are available so try to have lots of fresh fruits and juices. Keep yourself hydrated at all times.
Sidra Batool (Actress)
1. An ideal summer getaway for me would always be cool beaches. The exotic islands of Maldives would also be a good option to spend summer.
2. I always keep a sunblock in my bag, my summer make-up is incomplete without it. Also I try to use products that have sunblock in it.
3. Cool colours and plain shalwar kameez are best summer attires for me.
4. Have refreshing drinks to keep yourself cool and well hydrated.
Saima Haroon (Model)
1. For me a farmhouse is the most accessible option.
2. I never step out without applying a good sunblock on my skin.
3. I like to dress up in light airy clothes and I mostly wear full sleeves to avoid a tan.
4. Always keep a water bottle with you whenever you go out. Use a quality pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays.
Tooba Siddiqui (Model)
1. South of France.
2. I apply sunblock on my skin and try to avoid going out in the sun at the peak hours.
3. When I am in Pakistan I prefer to wear light shalwar kameez while abroad my choices are loose kurtas and pyjamas. I hate to wear jeans in summers.
4. I consider summers a blessing so enjoy it while spending some time on beaches. Eat light food and hydrate your body with juices and smoothies.
Sanah Sarfaraz (Model)
1. I think an ideal summer getaway for me would be New York.
2. I use sunscreen regularly and moisturise my skin with a good lotion.
3. I like to dress up in loose and simple clothes. I avoid wearing heavily embellished ensembles instead I prefer stylish cotton or lawn dresses.
4. Drink lots of water, apply sunscreen before going out and never apply heavy makeup during day time in summers.
Top Summer Getaways In Pakistan
Are you planning your vacations? Here are some beautiful places in our very own country, perfect for a summer holiday
The Kaghan Valley is a beautiful valley in the north-east of Mansehra District. It attracts hundreds of tourists not only from Pakistan but from all over the world. The main beauty of the valley is that its mountains, lakes, water-falls, streams and glaciers are still in a pure state. It's a perfect place to visit during the summer. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions, especially for its lakes. There are various lakes in the valley, but most popular are Saiful Muluk Lake, Dudipatsar Lake and Lulusar Lakes.
Murree is the one of the most beautiful places in Pakistan, built by the British colonial government soon after it captured this part of then India in 1850; it lies between Kashmir Point and Pindi Point. As the names suggest Kashmir point gives a panoramic view of snow laden Himalaya and Pir Panjal ranges in Kashmir while the Pindi Point overlooks the national capital, Islamabad and sister city Rawalpindi. At Pindi Point one can enjoy the ride on a chairlift to three kilometers down to Bansragalli and enjoy a panoramic view of Hazara mountains as well as Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
Shandur Pass links Chitral with Gilgit and it is the spot of the highest polo ground in the world. Each summer a huge event called the Shandur Polo Festival is organised here, which is a big source of attraction for the tourists. The pass is generally unpopulated and passing through its snow covered slopes in winters is an exceptionally difficult adventure.
Swat is the most interesting valley of Pakistan with a wide range of archaeological sites. In addition to these rare antique hand carved furniture can be purchased from here as well as antique jewellery andboxes made by hand and embedded with semi precious stones. Many antique Afghanistan relics are also in abundance, including hand woven carpets, traditional dresses, caps and accessories. Just browsing these antique shops is like walking through a museum where everything on display can be purchased. Swat also provides excellent opportunities for fishing and trekking. Malam Jabba, Marghzar (Mingora), Madyan, Bahrain and Kalam are the main tourist sites of Swat. Tour buses and jeeps can easily take you to these areas.
Nanga Parbat Base Camp
The base camp at Nanga Parbat is easily accessible and in good weather one can reach there in a single day. The journey itself is a great adventure and also includes the most exciting jeep ride. The stunning Fairy Meadows are situated close to the base camp with a wonderful view of the great peak, rising high above all.
Gilgit is one of the most spectacular regions of Pakistan. Here world's three mightiest mountain ranges, the Karakorams, the Hindukush and the Himalayas meet. The entire range is like a paradise for mountaineers, trekkers and hikers. Gilgit has a rich cultural heritage and variety of rare plants and flowers. There are several attractions for tourists in this region including, Victory Monument of Taj Mughal, other small valleys like Punial Valley and Sher Qila that offers ideal fishing opportunity, hiking and trekking. The famous Shangrila and Shandur Pass connect Gilgit valley to Chitral and offers picturesque sceneries on the way. The Phandar Lake offers another amazing opportunity for trout fishing. If you are planning your summer vacation, then don't forget to visit this region.
Makran is a semi-desert coastal strip in the south of Sindh, along the coast of the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman. This thinly populated coast has some of the most splendid beaches in the world. Though planning a trip might be a huge challenge but the pure beauty of the place makes it truly worthwhile. The main coastal town Gwadar is being urbanised as one of the major ports, and soon, the area will be developed enough to become a perfect place for tourists.