· 8oz uncooked spaghetti
· 2 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about ¾ lbs)
· ½ cup evaporated fat-free milk
· 2tsp olive oil
· 2 egg yolks
· ½ cup chopped onion
· 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
· ½ cup (2oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
· 3tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
· ¾ tsp salt
· ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente; add asparagus during final two minutes of cooking. Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Combine reserved cooking liquid and milk, stirring with a whisk.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, egg yolks and onion to pan; sauté for two minutes. Add pasta mixture; stir to combine. Remove from heat; stir in milk mixture, chicken and cheese. Place pan over medium heat and cook for four minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, salt and pepper. Prevent the eggs from scrambling by being careful not to heat the egg mixture too rapidly. Eat this dish immediately to enjoy its velvety creaminess; if it stands, the sauce can become too thick.