Perfect This Eid
Set the party mood this Eid and look gorgeous with these latest tips by our top make-up experts. Be the belle of the ball and show off your true styling sense with subtle make-up, ravishing eye-shadows, luscious lips and nice hairdo. MAG contacted some famous fashion stylists and beauty experts who share their latest make-up tips and give on-trend hair ideas to attain a picture perfect look this Eid.
1. What are your usual activities on chand raat?
2. What tips would you like to give to our readers for Eid day and night party make-up?
3. What will be the appropriate hairstyle for this Eid?
4. Your plans for Eid?
1. Chand raat is a fun time for all the ladies and they are busy in getting themselves groomed at the beauty parlours. I usually spend chand raat at my salon dealing with my clients and giving style tips to them.
2. Eid parties are usually an indoor affair so it is suggested to go for light make-up. Day make-up should be subtle and soft shades should be used whereas you can go for a glamorous look for night party but it shouldn't be overdone.
3. Well, I personally feel that a hair style reflect the personality of an individual. On Eid, ladies never hesitate to make heavy investments on their hair as they carry the same hair style for next five to six months. So one should go for the haircut that they can easily carry. This season short haircuts are IN whereas in hair colours copper and caramel tones are dominating the scene.
4. On the first day of Eid there is no such activity. I am usually tired because of my hectic schedule on chand raat so I try to take complete rest. It is on second and third day that I attend family get-togethers. Eid is a week long activity in our country so I usually party with friends on weekends.
1. On chand raat, I try to make people look beautiful. I am so busy at my salon that I don't have time for myself. To get a fresh look on Eid, I simply blow dry my hair.
2. As far as day make-up is concerned, light subtle shades are the order of the day. One can apply long eye-linear – it's very IN this season and give a nice eastern look. Traditional accessories such as paranda and bangles look absolutely stunning on Eid day. Some girls put on loud make-up for day party, which is a complete no-no. Dark lip shades such as magenta, fuchsia pink and orange look really nice for a night party. Go for eye make-up that complements your attire for an alluring appearance.
3. These days, spiral tongs are really in – it gives hair an elongated look and volume.
4. I spend Eid day with my family and friends.
1. On chand raat, I don't stay too long in the parlour and closes down my salon at around 8 pm like any other normal day. We offer special packages for the festive season. I also try to make iftari arrangement at my parlour for all my staff and clients on the last three days of Ramadan.
2. It is advisable to take facials three or four days prior to Eid for a smooth and soft texture. Day party make-up should be very light, go for eye make up with soft touches of pink or peach and apply a very thin eye linear or kohl. For evening, you can apply rich foundation and compact powder. You can also use shimmers and highlighters for your night party.
3. It depends on your nature of work – if you are hosting a party then it is better to nicely tie your hair in a tight bun. If you have taken a proper hair cut before Eid just go for a simple blow dry. You can also use rollers to give volume to your hair. If you have silky straight hair you can leave them untied.
4. My parents live with me so my house is a central point for family get-togethers. I usually have my in-laws coming over for a lunch on first day of Eid while all my siblings gather at my place for dinner.
1. On chand raat, I am busy at my salon where clients are coming over for services and mehndi.
2. It's a hot weather so it is better to apply light make-up during the day. Highlight your lips with a liner and simply apply lip gloss. For an evening party, you can make your eyes prominent with kohl and use dark eye-shades such as rusty orange.
3. Side ponytail is in demand these days. You can also use rollers and tie it up on one side. Or go for a high pony tail – it looks nice with side bangs.
4. I devote my first day of Eid completely to my family, it's a time to sit together and take the pleasure of life in the company of people you love the most. My work starts right from the second day as I have bridal appointments.
1. I am busy at work till midnight. On chand raat I try to finalise my last minute Eid preparation. I go out for shopping with my son.
2. Since it's a summer season, it is better to avoid liquid foundation as it may run on your skin due to moisture and humidity in the air. Go for powdered base and always apply sunscreen for your skin protection. Your cheeks should look soft and nice. You can use thick eye-liner but try to emphasise on either lips or eyes. For evening party, you have unlimited choices, you can opt for smoky eyes and use lot of highlighters. Dark eye shades can give you a glamorous look for a night party.
3. Try not to open your hair during day as it looks fizzy. Go for a nice hairdo for a day party. You can opt for nice 60's look for a night party. To give body and volume to your hair push your hair outward and run your fingers through it. You can also use volumizing spray or serum.
4. Ours is a cosmopolitan family with both Christian and Muslim set-up so Eid is equally an important affair for us. We party with family members and go out for lunch.