· 8 ounces uncooked pasta
· 1tsp fresh ginger, minced
· 1tbsp olive oil, divided
· 1 mango - peeled, seeded and chopped
· 2 chicken breast halves, cubed
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
· 1tbsp grated parmesan cheese
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 4 sprigs fresh coriander, for garnish
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for about eight to 10 minutes until it is almost done and drain. Heat half the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken cubes in the skillet and cook for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet and cook the onion and green pepper until tender. Mix in the garlic, ginger and mango and continue to cook and stir for five minutes or until mangoes are soft. Gradually mix the heavy cream into the skillet and cook for five minutes more, until thickened.
Return the chicken to the skillet. Stir in the partially cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for two minutes until all ingredients are well-blended and pasta is al dente. Mix in the cheese and garnish with coriander to serve.