- 19 Jan - 25 Jan, 2019
Flourless Avocado Brownies
- 03 Nov - 09 Nov, 2018
· 2 large eggs
· 1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (3/4 cup)
· 1/4 cup melted ghee (lard or coconut oil)
· 3-4 tbsp unsweetened, unsalted almond butter, cashew butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/3 cup monk fruit or preferred granulated sweetener coconut palm or maple sugar
· 1/3 cup cocoa powder
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons gelatin (optional, makes them chewy)
· 1/2 cup low carb chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a small baking dish, like a loaf pan with parchment paper. In the bowl of your food processor, combine all the ingredients.
Blend on medium, low power until just smooth. No more than 30 seconds. You can use a spatula to scrape down the mix and then fold it together, mashing up any chunks of avocado left.
Use spatula to transfer the batter to the baking dish and smooth it out evenly. Top with fun things like fruits, icing sugar or chocolate chips
Bake for 25 minutes until the edges leave the sides. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before handling.
Pick it up, carefully, by the parchment paper and cut into eight squares! Enjoy!