- 19 Jan - 25 Jan, 2019
Slow-Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 03 Nov - 09 Nov, 2018
· Non-stick cooking spray
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and levelled)
· 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
· 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
· 1 cup sugar
· 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
· 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
Lightly coat a five-quart slow-cooker insert with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted. Add sugar; stir to combine. Stir in eggs. Add flour mixture, walnuts, and chocolate chips and stir just until moistened. Transfer to slow cooker and smooth top.
Cover and cook on low, 3 1/2 hours. Uncover and cook 30 minutes. Remove cake from slow cooker and run a knife around edge to loosen brownies. Let it cool completely and then keep on a wire rack for about two hours. Turn out and cut into squared brownies pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to two days.