- 17 Aug - 23 Aug, 2019
Chilli-lime steak fajitas
- 13 Jul - 19 Jul, 2019
· 3 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
· ¼ cup lime juice
· 600g lean beef rump steak
· 1/3 cup extra light sour cream
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
· 1 tablespoon drained pickled jalapeno chillies, finely chopped
· 1 large red onion, halved, thickly sliced
· 1 large red capsicum, seeded, julienne cut
· 1 large yellow capsicum, seeded, julienne cut
· 8 reduced-fat flour tortillas, warmed
· Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Combine chilli powder and two tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt. Add steak. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes. Combine the sour cream, chopped coriander and chilli in a bowl and season. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with canola oil. Cook the steak for four minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for five minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, heat a char grill on high. Place onion in a bowl. Spray with oil. Toss to combine. Cook, turning, for five to seven minutes or until lightly charred. Transfer to a bowl. Spray the capsicum with oil. Cook, turning, for five to seven minutes or until lightly charred. Add to the bowl. Thinly slice the steak. Divide tortillas among plates. Top with steak, onion mixture, sour cream mixture and coriander leaves. Fold to enclose.