- 17 Aug - 23 Aug, 2019
Chicken steak with citrus & ginger sauce
- 13 Jul - 19 Jul, 2019
· 2 teaspoon cornflour
· 300g x 4 chicken breast steaks
· 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
· 3 oranges, juice of 2 and one peeled and cut into segments
· 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
· 1 teaspoon clear honey
· 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
· 1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives or chopped parsley
· Wild or long grain rice and steamed broccoli, to serve
Sprinkle a teaspoon cornflour onto a plate, then press the steaks into the cornflour to dust them lightly. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan, until it is really hot. Add the turkey and fry for three to four minutes, turning once until golden on both sides – cook in batches if need be. Transfer to a plate.
Add orange juice, ginger and honey to the pan. Gently bring to boil. Mix the remaining cornflour with one tablespoon cold water and stir into the sauce. Keep stirring on a gentle heat until thickened and syrupy, like a sweet and sour sauce and season. Return the turkey to the pan. Add the orange and grapefruit segments and heat through gently. Scatter over chives or parsley and serve straight away with rice and broccoli.